The new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) comes in to force on 25th May 2018.
All organisations, including such humble outfits like Kew CC, are under an obligation to not only protect any data they hold on individuals, but also to ask permission for the use of that data. It also allows those individuals to query what information is held on them and request removal if they so wish, as well as unsubscribing from communications such as newsletters..
Kew CC holds a very limited amount of data on its members. It does not retain any financial or banking details on its members and will not sell or provide external organisations with your data, other than those required to by law or in order to carry out its purpose of being a cricket club (see below).
Kew CC may collect and hold the following information about you:
- your full name and your title or an indication of the gender that you most closely associate with;
- birth date or alternatively a relevant age range;
- postal address;
- telephone number(s);
- email address(es);
- CCTV footage of those visiting our premises.
- Photographs and digital images of individuals/groups for publicity on website, social media and inside the pavilion;
In addition, for ALL junior members (i.e. 17 and under)
- emergency contact details;
- any health issues (e.g. allergies) that may be needed by coaches, helpers and Team Managers.
This personal data enables the club to do one or more of the following:
- register players with the various leagues in which it plays (e.g. TVCL and Middlesex Colts Association)
- provide information to regulatory bodies as requested (e.g ECB)
- meet any legal commitments (e.g. Health & Safety and Child Welfare)
- send out communications to update members of club information, events, fundraising activities, messages/offers from any club sponsors and other community news that is felt may be of use/benefit to you.
- publicise and market the club to increase playing and social membership
For the majority of members, this information is gathered via our Membership Forms (Playing and Social) and members own input into TeamApp.